Wednesday, July 13, 2016

14-Year-Old Apologizes For Being White

Atlanta Private School student whose mother is a DemocratActivist, wins poetry contest with foul language and self deprecation.  
Saddled With Guilt 14-Year-Old Apologizes For Being White
You are here: Home / US / Saddled With Guilt 14-Year-Old Apologizes For Being White

white guilt

Imagine saddling your young child with the weight of one thousand years of guilt.

From slavery to colonialism to mistreatment of every ethnic group from the Japanese to Africans to American Indians – everything bad that the “white race” has ever done – all on the shoulders of your son or daughter.

Because that’s what we’re doing. With concepts like “white privilege,” we’re brainwashing our children to feel bad – to feel guilty about who they are. To feel responsible for the sins of their ancestors that they had nothing to do with.

This is what our public schools are teaching children. And it’s worse.

Not only do schoolkids get a long lecture on the sins of the White Man, they’re never told about any of the amazing things that European culture has brought to the world: democracy, the Enlightenment, the Industrial Revolution, the Reformation, capitalism and a host of other achievements that have made the world a safer, freer, and more prosperous place.

This bearing down on children can take many forms. Two years ago, my son came home telling me that they talked about race and “privilege” (he struggled to find the word, but when I said it, he knew instantly). At one point, he turned to me and said “Daddy, just because I’m white doesn’t mean I did anything wrong.”

This is the great undoing of individuality. And here is how it manifests itself:

An eighth-grader in Atlanta recited a “slam” poem that epitomizes the burden we place on our children.

14-year-old Royce Mann’s “White Boy Privilege” poem has gone viral and is lauded by social just warriors as a triumph of an enlightened child. But it’s not. It’s just sad.

Mann apologizes to black people, Asians, American Indians, immigrants and “everyone who isn’t a middle- or upper-class white boy.” Here’s the video:

“I have started life on the top of the ladder while you were born on the first rung,” Mann said. “I say now that I would change places with you in an instant, but if given the opportunity, would I?

“Probably not,” he said.

Mann then went into how great it is to be white.

“I’m just saying that I’m f**kin’ privileged and I’m not willing to give that away. I love it because I can say ‘f**kin’ and not one of you is attributing that to the fact that everyone with my skin color has a dirty mouth,” he said.

“I love it because I don’t have to spend an hour every morning putting on make-up to meet other people’s standards.

“I love it because I can worry about what kind of food is on my plate instead of whether or not there is food on my plate.

“I love it because when I see a police officer I see someone who is on my side.

“To be honest I’m scared of what it would be like if I wasn’t on the top rung if the tables were turned and I didn’t have my white boy privilege safety blankie to protect me,” he said.

Mann told the mixed race audience that “when I was born I had a success story already written for me.

“You were given a pen with not paper.”

The teen spoke about being scared to speak up about injustices to minorities and professed embarrassment from his warped world view.

“It is embarrassing that we still live in a world in which we judge another person’s character because of the size of their paycheck, the color of their skin, or the type of chromosomes they have,” Mann said.

“It is embarrassing that we tell our kids that it is not their personality, but instead those same chromosomes that get to dictate what color clothes they wear and how short they must cut their hair.

“But most of all, it is embarrassing that we deny this. That we claim to live in an equal country, an equal world.”

Mann lectured the audience about the invisible privileges enjoyed by white boys that “don’t come in the form of things we gain, but rather the lack of injustices that we endure,” such as eating “at a fancy restaurant without wait staff expecting me to steal the silverware.”

Mann is privileged because his parents earn a decent income, he said.

“Dear white boys: I’m not sorry,” the teen concluded.

“I don’t care if you think that the feminists are taking over the world, that the Black Lives Matter movement has gotten a little too strong, because that’s bullshit,” he said before calling on his white, privileged classmates to “act like a woman.”

“It’s time to take that ladder and turn it into a bridge,” he said.

Royce told Fusion that this was the first time he learned about “white privilege” in school.

“That was the first time I did slam poetry,” Mann told me in a phone interview from his Atlanta home. “I wrote it because I became aware of white privilege this year. We have a class called Race, Class and Gender that everyone has to take, and I got really passionate about how unfair it is.”

People are thrilled that this kid is so wrought with guilt that he can barely think straight:

“If my kid grows up to be anything like this kid, I will be the proudest,” wrote one commenter. “If a child can get it, if a child can preach it, than any adult can, they choose not too,” added another.

And after Royce’s “poem,” the audience cheered and cheered.

They were so proud of what they have created.

H/T: EAGNews

ALERT: How To Be Sure To Continue Seeing Our Content On Facebook.


About Robert Gehl

Robert Gehl is a college professor in Phoenix, Arizona. He has over 15 years journalism experience, including two Associated Press awards. He lives in Glendale with his wife and two young children.



Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment